Monday, August 21, 2006

Deep Seeded Passions Unfullfilled!

So I have found a new friend who shares geeky interests of cooking, Food Network and all things Alton Brown. In anycase we were talking about deep-frying one day. A process in which I simply get a big pot and a couple liters of oil, and go to town. But I was asked, "Do you use a fry daddy?"

And I had no idea what this FryDaddy was. But safe to say I was strangely intrigued.

But yes, it was explained to me, and as the name implies, it is a deep fryer. And I got so excited. Both at the prep time of fried goodness being cutdown, and the potential cutdown of a oily mess... I got very excited.

Went to Target.com, it was available. And I told myself this past weekend, "FUCK YEA BITCHES, GONNA FRY ME SOME SHIT!!!!" This desire was made even greater in that I had some patato wedges (the thought of having a steady line of wedges just made my mouth water).

So I go to my local Target, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I run to the appliance section, saw the fryers, AND....

....no FryDaddy.

I looked and looked. They had deep fryers, but no Daddy. And I thought, "this can't be, I must FRY this weekend!!!!" I realize the frying of the foods will bring me one step close to DEATH, but man, I needed to FRY dammit!!!

But I quickly learned it was an online item. And seemed to be one that was not carried in-store.

My friend, the fellow geek in the cooking-FoodNetwork-andallthingsAltonBrown had suggested Wal-Mart. I have not made my way there yet. But rest assured, the Daddy will be mine. Frying foods any other way just seemd so futile now.

But upon it's purchase, FISH AND CHIPS FOR EVERYONE!!!


("oh you will be mine")

1 comment:

Pensive Girl said...

who's geeky????
oh, right. i can't believe you haven't tried wal-mart yet? maybe call ahead though. you could always order it online with rush delivery!!