Thursday, September 28, 2006

man, fuck weight...



Yea, so the other day I was meeting with a company for additional work, right? I was all set. I knew the home office was on the Plaza, I'd get out of work at 12:00, run home, grab a bit, put on my monkey suit, leave at 1:30, get the place at 2.

Golden right?

WRONG!!!

Leave work when I planned, ate when I planned, BUT putting on the suit... let's say it's been awhile since I put it on last... Yea, safe to say I put on a few pounds. Man, was the suit a little tight. Put it on, yea, looked a little frumpy.

But whatever, roll with it!

Drive to the Plaza, turned the corner where the buidling was at, and it no longer had the company name on the front sign. I was at a loss, I had no idea where they were fucking located, and I was going to be SO late. I didn't have the contact person's number, I was FREAKING OUT!!!

Call my friend who referred me for this work, she wasn't picking up her phone.


Then I had the eureka moment of calling information, got the home office number, and got directions. When all was said and done, I was only 10 minutes late. They kept me waiting for another 10. Which is fine, it was only fair. But man, sitting for the additional 10, felt frumpier by the moment.

The meeting itself was very polite, don't think I got the work. But this song and dance is definitely why I jumped out of self-employment into fulltime.

But with more meetings on the horizon, I guess I need to get into the gym.

No comments: