Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Accidents...

So my friend recently posted a little cooking fun, so I thought I would join in. So those of you who don't know me, well, I like to cook. NAY. I LOVE to cook. I don't know why. But making something delicious is really quite satisfying.

Anyway, I was cooking breakfast this weekend, and just made something quick. Some scrambled eggs, some fried red potatoes over some sauteed veggies. It was fine. But when I took a bit of some veggies with the eggs... it was downright TASTY! So I made it the next day. This time, dropped the potatoes, and put the sauteed veggies over a bed of scrambled eggs...

AWESOME!

BUT it really didn't look appetizing. Why? Well... scrambled eggs, they look kinda brainy, you know? So what do you do? I decided to axe the scrambled and rather make egg pancakes and slice discs with a biscuit cutter, curious to what happened?

Step one:



SAUTE THOSE VEGGIES!!! (trick, add salt to bring out some sweet flavor!)

Step two:



WHISK THOSE EGGS!!!

Step three:



Fry those eggs like you're making pancakes. (trick, easier to flip with a small pan)

Step four:



Oh, don't forget the vino. Not for the eggs, for you.

Step five:



DELICIOUS!!!

Step six:



Enjoy!

1 comment:

dla4422 said...

Thank god for Williams Sonoma.