Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Birthdays and friends...

So I have a friend at work, and the first time I met her was on my birthday. Let me tell you about this girl, she's an Account Manager on the same team with me. Anyway, she and I really didn't know one another prior to my birthday. But I come into work on my birthday, and my desk is totally decked out in birthday decor. I mean, she really made a effort to celebrate my birthday, and I remember thinking it was such a sweet gesture. And she didn't even really know me. Since then she's took it upon herself to celebrate everyone's birthday on the team. It's a small gesture, but a special one.

So her birthday is coming up, and in a effort to celebrate her birthday, I decided to bake a cake, mainly cause I am not one for decorations. But I decided to bake a cheesecake to be precise. My first stab at a cheesecake was most definitely a resounding failure. But cross referencing a few recipes, including one from a chef freelance client of mine. Hopefully this time it'll work out.



This bad boy is in the oven now. Recipe from my client (which the majority of the instructions were pulled) calls for a 3 hour cook time. But man it smells good. I hope it comes out okay.

But I guess I should clean now...

No comments: