Monday, July 23, 2007

And more adventures in cooking...

So turns out a friend of mine at work has an incredible garden at her parent's place, and brought a poop ton of fresh veggies to work to share with everyone. And really, how could I not take part of fresh veggies picked that morning. I mean seriously.

In the basket brought, there were fresh corn ears (ears is the right term, no?), and fresh cucumbers. And I grabbed a healthy helping of both.

And in a moment of pure geekness, all I could think about was what I could do with the veggies. Grill this, sautee that... thinking of a menu will always be the death of me.

But I decided to make a little chicken/veggie goodness with a sauce made from the juices , all served on a bed of rice.

The veggies:

But yea, cored the corn, diced the cucumbers and peppers and onions. Threw all that on the pan, little salt and olive oil, let it do it's thing.



Then, when you see the veggies (white onions are good measure if you use them) getting a little translucent. That's when I added the seasoned chicken bits.

And once that was all done, took the veggies and chicken, and reduced the juices a little bit for a sauce. I don't know if that was proper, but what the hell, I gave it a go.

The finished product:



Have to say, love the fresh veggies.

But I think it came out pretty good... I thought the corn and rice gave it a... "interesting" texture. But definitely happy with the flavors.

I have to say though, I could probably stand a class in plating, that and maybe new plates... so if anyone out there want to get me some sweet dishes, there's a homecooked meal in it for you!

No comments: