Saturday, March 29, 2008

Beer Friday.

So we all have dreams. They could be completely lofty, or dangerously attainable, but none the less, we all have dreams. Want to know one of mine?

Owning a restrurant.

I don't know if I would be any good at it. But I know I enjoy cooking, and things that I cook seem to go over well when I cook for others. I enjoy the challenge of plating a dish, and enjoy seeing others being surprised of the presentation. But more then anything, I think that gesture of cooking for another, that exchange between people, is a very loving thing. And, well, I enjoy those moments.

Now I don't know if I would be able to handle the face pace of a kitchen. But this past Friday, that was put to the test. At work we had something called International Beer Friday, where some of us would break into teams and present international beers paired with a side dish.

My team had Asia. What did I decide to do for a side?

Pan fried dumplings.

I had some techinical difficulties with the equipment I had. But I have to say, I really enjoyed the moment, cooking, presenting something delicious to people I know. It was really fun. And if my dream of a resturant should ever come to pass, I think I would really enjoy rising to the challenge of making it a success.

Anyway, enjoy the picture of the cooking fun.

1 comment:

Pensive Girl said...

ben. i'm sad i missed your dumplings.