Monday, June 09, 2008

Hmph.

Yea, I have to say things of late have been a little frustrating to say the least.

What scares me though is that I have been saying that a lot lately. A person can't help but analyze things with a realization like that. But I won't get too analytical here. But I can definitely say as I sit in my frustration, I think about an old college professor, Ellenor Limmideit. She was my Asian-American Literature Professor (ha, didn't know I read things did ya!) in my... I think it was sophomore year in college. Anyway, I sit in my frustration and I can't help but think about a day in class when she started talking about the concept of a "Model Minority". How it is typical of Asian-Americans, or perhaps Asians in general, but how Asian-Americans avoid conflict, and sort of keep their head down. Essentially to be a little passive aggressive.

And I sit here tonight, I wonder if that is a symptom of my current place in life? Have I fallen into that category? Wondering if I do it to myself over and over again?

Not a pleasant thought to be sure.

Anyway, that's my thought for the evening.

No comments: