Monday, June 30, 2008

A Love Letter to Newly Wedded Friends

You know, there are few things I consider truly “good” in my life, and for people, that list becomes much shorter. But this weekend, I shared in a very special moment for two people, two people to whom I feel very lucky to call friend, and for both, I look at being the complete idea of what “good” is and could ever be.

This weekend, I shared in the moment of their wedding.

Yea, I don’t know what your favorite part of a wedding is. But for me, it’s the moment when the Bride enters, but it’s not so much the Bride that I look at, I like to look at the Groom. I’m always interested in their expression they’ll have when they looked upon their Bride for the first time, for the first time of their new life together. I’m always intrigued to see how that “love” would be defined.

And of all the weddings I been to, even the ones I officiated, this had been the first when I saw nothing but pure, unbridled happiness and love on the Groom’s face. There was no front, no ego, no effort to hide his feelings. There was no reason to. He seemed to just let go. For me, nothing could describe the idea of “love” more than what the Groom’s expression was, so clear and pure. Regardless of who you are, you could not help but get a little choked up at the way he looked at his intended at that moment.

It’s not to say all the others didn’t love their Brides. But there was no question where his heart was, and will always be.

And for the evening to follow, well it was filled with such happiness, love and friendship. It was wonderful to be a part of, and I was very grateful to be. I am so happy for my friends, that they found one another. I am so happy they have that love in their life. I cannot think of two kinder, more genuine, good-hearted people who are deserving of the happiness that the evening had shown.

And to the wedded couple,

Thank you for inviting me, and letting me share in your day.

I love you both, and I wish you both all the best.

And poop on you for making me cry on Saturday. I mean, yes, it was a happy cry, but still… poop.

2 comments:

Pensive Girl said...

that's nice :)

i cried, too.

FUZZBUG said...

Yea it was hard not to. ;-)