Monday, August 25, 2008

Goodbye RENT...



You know, I think we all internalize something when we see that certain movie, hear that certain song, and in this case, that special musical.

Make whatever quips you'd like that I enjoy musicals. But, as far as the stage productions I've had the good fortune to see, RENT has always been a favorite of mine. I don't know what Jonathan Larson intended to make people feel, but the way it made me feel about life, love, family, and my friends... well, it was very special to me, and very moving. I was also very grateful that I got to share that experience with someone very special to me.

And now it's all coming to an end.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's making it's final run in the place where it all started, in New York City. Probably won't be able to make it to see it off. But I will definitely miss it when it goes. But if you're a wealthier person then I am, really, go check it out. It's definitely one to raise your spirits, and make you hold on to those things that are the most important to you.

Anyway. That's it. Goodbye RENT, and thank you Jonathan Larson.

No comments: