Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thinking too much...

I know I do this. You know, thinking too much. And let me tell you, shit's unhealthy.

So the thing of it was there was some back and forth on a project at work today over e-mail and IM. Some things were thrown out at me, gave my opinion, and I tried to keep everyone in the loop as far as how things were progressing. But you get a IM comment here, an email comment there. And sometimes you can't help but wonder in what context those comments were intended.

And enter the over-thinking.

In this particular instance, was there some sort of bad-boogie tone in the comments? Were my communications taken with a "fuck you" tone? Should I try and mediate the precieved bad boogie? Like I said, this thinking too much, shit's unhealthy.

Sometimes I feel like I just need to not care. I don't know if that means if I am too sensitive, too paranoid, or all of the above. Sometimes I feel like I should disregard it all. To be fair, there was an incident during my career that has left me a little paranoid. Something that can be summed up as the "two-face business man", a person in which is pleasant to your face, but stabs you in the back.

Think of it like a childhood trauma, like getting dunk by a ocean wave, so you don't visit the ocean for another 25 years (that happened too, but not the reason why I hadn't been back to the beach in so long.).

But situations like this, I have to say, glad for friends. One friend essentially grab me, slapped me around, and basically told me, "Pull it together man! Fuck it all!".

And he's right, trying to make sure everything is copacetic, well, it's a little exhausting. And sometimes, is it really worth it?

Anyway, rather then give in to the impulse to be over bearing, mediate a situation you think is there, and be all, "Hey, so what's up guys???" Thought I'd just work it out here, in a blog. More for me then you. But if you took something away from this to be helpful? Well that's just a bonus.

Anyway Internet, that was it, I hope you're all having a good one on this Thursday.

No comments: