Monday, September 15, 2008

I Love the Dialogue...



So the thing I love about art is that once you make it, and release it to the public, it no longer becomes yours. Whatever you intended, it becomes the users interpretation. And that dialogue is something I really enjoy, watching and hearing what others get from a piece of work.

Take the illustration above for instance. A friend recently told me she thought I had problems when she saw it. Why? Well this is how she interpreted it:

"the obvious force fed zombification of todays youth thru television"
"the slow conversion into robots as dictated by robots"
"or the slow culmination of selves being compacted into inanimate objects."

Truth be told, I just wanted to make a fun and engaging image.

I guess I don't have a lot of depth. :-)

No comments: