Tuesday, December 23, 2008

6am, I hate you.

Okay, so Thanksgiving, I fly to see the fam. But my flight was at 6am. That said, you think I would be responsible and go to bed at a reasonable hour the night before. Wake up all nice and early, make the flight no problem. Right?

Wrong.

After I wrap my pre-trip rituals (yes, there are rituals), I decide to play video games into the wee hours of the morning.

Doesn't take a genius to know that was a bad idea.

Safe to say, woke up late, sleepy, barely made my flight.

Enter the Christmas.

Another 6am flight. Set for the 24th. Took any workday I would have this week off. Told myself, not going to make the same mistake twice. Going to use all of Tuesday for the pre-trip rituals, go to bed at an absurdly early hour, and make my flight, no problem.

Yea, so here's where we went wrong with that one.

Monday, the 22nd. Volunteer at the children's hospital. I end my shift with a couple a voicemails,

"Hey Ben, blablabla, let me know when you're coming back, blablabla, you said you're leaving tomorrow right?"

Wha?

"Hey little brother, blablabla, see you tomorrow!"

What the what?!!!

So at 8 or 9 at night, I call the airline to confirm my flight. Yea, it was this morning.

And in a frantic race, my OCD kicks in to try and accomplish my pre-flight rituals.

Safe to say, barely made my flight yet again.

But I'm with fam. Ready for the Fat Man in Red day of fun... but all I have to say is, I'm done with 6am flights. THAT and the fam needs to visit me one of these holidays.

Sheesh.

Anyway kids, I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas!

No comments: