Monday, December 22, 2008

So I am torn...

I am torn from either being responsible or completely and utterly selfish.

See through the month I volunteer at Children's Mercy Hospital. Though, past couple of shifts could not make it because of work and illness (even if you have a slight cough, they prefer you to stay home).

But tonight, last shift before the new year... I find myself wanting to be selfish. In part fueled that my volunteer partner cannot make it, and it part because it's butt ass cold outside.

All trivial reasons to be sure. But isn't that really the core of being selfish?

But who am I kidding. I know I am going to the hospital. I don't know why I bother bitching. Just part of me REALLY doesn't want to I guess.

Oh well. Time to be an adult and honor the commitments you make.

Cheers.

No comments: