Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Year's Resolution...

That's right, just one. And I can't give you the abridged version of how this came to be, cause it can't be done, so you get the whole steak fajita burrito (Chipotle has nothing to do with the story, btw).

So where do we begin our story? This past holiday. And I hope my brother will forgive me when I write he lost a close friend of his recently, and the Memorial for friends was held when I was visiting family over Christmas. And what I didn't know, my brother's friend who passed, he met him and 3 others during a play he did, and had become such great friends since. Something I was so happy to discover. And when I heard my brother, and the remaining friends of that crew speak about their friend and the relationship they all shared... well you really got a sense that they always make time for one another, are always there for one another, and they would never let each other down.

Afterwards I thought that I hope I am that kind of person, I want to be, but honestly I didn't know if I could honestly answer yes. Of course I try to be there for people in my life, but sometimes you get to be a little selfish. Lose on moments together because you find yourself thinking it's not worth the effort. So rather than spend time with a friend, you opt to stay home and watch TV or something of the like.

So that's the heart of my resolution. When the opportunity presents itself, spend time with my friends, enjoy those moments and memories together with people closest to my heart. Of course it won't always be possible, things happen, conflicting schedules and such, but never will I decline an invitation to be part of my friend's lives because I'm, for lack of a better term, feeling lazy.

So there it is, when I can, spend every moment with the people important to me. That is my New Year's Resolution, as a friend of mine would say, REVOLUTION.

No comments: