Sunday, January 25, 2009

So can I tell you about Fridays, and a little daydream?

So Fridays at work... well, let me back up. I work at an advertising agency in Kansas City, MO. And we're spit into 2 offices in the Downtown area. The main office being in a old airport, and the other is renovated building. I'm based in the later.

Anyway, Fridays at the airport, a guy cooks breakfast. Every Friday morning he does this. He stopped for awhile, but started back up again.

But I'm at the other office, and unable to partake. So last Friday I thought, "why not cook breakfast for everyone at 2020?"

So I did.

Took a few requests, like White Egg Prosciutto Spinach Omelettes (and yes, I made those).

But other then that, it was eggs, bacon and sausage.

And I have to say, it went well.

I don't know if people were bullshitting me, but everyone beamed on the food. And I started thinking about a little dream I had way back when.

Those of you who don't know me, let it be said that I love to cook. I dare not say if I am good, because I really don't have a frame of reference, but I like what I make. And having people tell me they enjoyed my food... well, it made me think once again of a little dream of opening a bistro somewhere.

That dream, that desire comes and goes. Never stays long enough for me to think "what if..." Those of you might say I'm scared. And you'd be right. I've founded and tried running a business before, and it ended in utter failure. And aside from the fear, there is always the money. Don't have it. But if anyone out there has a couple hundred thousand to give away and know a good business manager... well, give me a shout, got an idea for you.

Well, regardless of how intangible the "dream" maybe. I did find myself really enjoying cooking food from the heart for people. It meant a lot for them to enjoy my food. And I find myself wishing I could come home to have people to cook for.

No comments: