Monday, December 28, 2009

The Holidays...

Well my Christmas is drawing to a close. Like every year, as it should, has been spent with family. And it's always good to see them. I only see them about once or twice a year, so it's always very special when I can see them. And everytime I realize how much I miss them, and how much I wish I could see them more often.

As far as this family trip, it's always the same. Mom gives me life lectures, big brother still seems to need to experience some life lessons, there's the occaisional drama that's usually a result of me being away. But there's always plenty of love. And this particular holiday I got to spend a lot of time with Mom, which was surprisingly wonderful. There are some things I wish for my family to make it a little more whole... but you don't get to hear about that.

But I fly back home to KC tomorrow. And yes, Kansas City is home. It's funny when I first realized that. It was actually a Christmas a few years back. I was in line at a Best Buy, getting gifts for the family, and this particular year it was a hella long line. And situations like that, I just have this habit of talking to strangers. This one woman I was talking to, we were talking about a lot of random life things, and it came up that I was, "...flying home to Maryland."

And she just stated, "That's funny. It's funny that you've lived in Kansas City for how many years? And you still call Maryland home?"

And she was right I think. I mean, I will always love Maryland, I grew up here, this is where I am from, and in some sense, it will always be home. But Kansas City is my home. So yea, I am going home tomorrow. And it should be interesting I guess...

Not entirely sure how perse. I know in the new year I need to set goals for my life, there are things I need to get in order, things I need to be more responsible for. Things that I want, but more importantly, need to change. And I'm kind of scared by that to be honest. But we'll see how it goes.

But first up when I get back? Getting ready for the New Year's Party. Happens every year. But I always get panicked whenever I throw I party, I mean, dear reader, do you get any anxiety in the party planning? You know, "I hope people come? What if nobody comes? Did I forget anything?" Blablabla. I guess it doesn't help my nerves that it's snowed pretty hard in KC while I have been away. But we'll keep the party on, and hope for the best.

Well anyway. I have no idea where I wanted to go with this post. But I guess I'll leave it at I am really thankful for having the chance to see and spend some wonderful time with my family. Doesn't happen often enough. And I am looking forward to getting my game face on for 2010.

Here's to a new year, and a new day.

Happy Holidays boys and girls! Till next time.

No comments: