Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Karma...

So here's the thing. Played a small joke on a friend today, she was worried I was offended by a mutual friends potentially racial comments. We (the mutual friend and I) went back and was all, "I was totally offended"...

...yea, karma is a bitch.

Tonight was my league bowling night. And there this one guy in the league. I really obnoxious guy, loud, you know the type. Anyway, I'm about the bowling my first frame, and he yells behind me, "EAT SHIT!". Not to be mean, he genuinely finds the behavior funny. But here's the rub, he said it in a very stereotypical Asian immigrant voice.

The combination of the two pissed me off on so many different levels, and yes, I was offended.

I mean seriously, you don't know me well enough to be playing the race card around me. And on top of that to act in a fashion that's, well, not funny.

But I played the idea of a Model Minority to a T. Didn't make a fuss, and let it go.

He did end up asking why I was pissed at him, I told him. He didn't realize how his behaivor was being precieved and appologized.

So that was that.

But yea, Karma. So kids, sometimes it dosen't pay to play jokes.

No comments: