Thursday, May 31, 2007

Houses.

So Memorial Day weekend. It definitely had it's high and low points. We won't go into the low points... cause that would just be depressing. But let's go into some fun points shall we?

A buddy of mine from work was throwing a BBQ, not only do I work with this fine gentleman, but I volunteer with him at the Children's Mercy Hospital, of which his wife oversees the Volunteer Programs. Both really sweet and awesome people. Anyways, they invited family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, everybody over. It really was like the block parties I went to growing up, and was a lot of fun. And I knew the two to be very sweet and open people, watching them open their home the way they did that day... man, it was just proof of how, shit I don't know, how good these guys are.

But on top of all that, can I just say their home was just beautiful. It was by far one of the warmest homes I'd seen in a while. Everything seemed the perfect size, not too big, not too small, perfect. The yard, the kitchen, the bedroom. All of it. And the work and love they put into the home really showed. And honestly was the first time I wished I bought a house versus my loft.

But who knows. When I finally decide to settle, a nice little house will be in my future.

No comments: