Tuesday, July 31, 2007

...and if I can nit-pick for a moment...

So I am in advertising, more in a interactive environment (websites, banner ads, and other fine online initiatives), rather then your traditional fare (tv, print). But this nit-pick moment has to do with Flash banner ads. When you serve an ad on a site, it doesn't matter if you built the ad with a background color, when served on a site the site will read the background as transparent. So, if you banner has a background color of pink, but the site has a background color of yellow. Well, your banner will be yellow. That's why it's important to place a shape in the background of your ad in the color you want.

So why am I getting all into Banner Ads 101?

Well, I was putzing on myspace, and I saw a ad fo K&N Filters, and they neglected to account for this very basic problem. The result was a very sloppy banner with all these images just floating without purpose... it was all just terribly sloppy.

Am I a nerd for getting stuck on this? Well, yea, but come on, have some pride in your craft people.

Serious.

No comments: