Saturday, July 21, 2007

Realizations...

So there's the aforementioned Harry Potter extravaganza. Well I had reserved 2 books, and the recipient of the 2nd reservation switched from one person, to another, and finally landing with a co-worker of mine (to whom I was surprised and delighted to find she was a Harry Potter fan).

Anyway, we had breakfast today to, well, hand off the book, and generally hang out. But as we were eating she had turned to the conversation to past relationships. She told me about the last great relationship she had. And when it was mine turn, the tale I chose first was not the one I thought I would chose. Which was fascinating to me, because if you knew the situations, the details (which sadly, you won't read here, I know that's unfair of me), it's really interesting, if not a little bizarre.

And I find myself, well feeling beside myself about that.

I just would not have thought I would have categorized those past relationships the way I did. Neither good nor bad, just is I suppose.

But when I tried to speak to other relationships, well, it just wasn't the same, it was like I was trying to force sentiment out of it. And that was just awkward.

But, yea, having that realization was, well, just fascinating to say the least.

Anyway, back to reading Harry Potter...

No comments: