Thursday, July 05, 2007

So it's true, you really do learn something new every freaking day...

Okay, so I made the post the other day about Bush commuting Libby's sentence. Well. There was a whole layer to that that I was completely unaware. I mean, I recalled the CIA Leak, and had a snapshot image of it. But completely unaware of the events leading to the leak.

For me, I was initially upset by the fact that here is a man, at the very least covering up the fact that our agent's name was put public. He knew who did it, and lied to protect that person or persons. And the President's response who to simply reply, "no biggie, you just get a warning".

But now here's the thing, a friend of mine who eats, lives and breathes this stuff informs me it all goes back to Iraq. How we're making the preemptive strike because Saddam is a threat, forces in the Middle East are buying Uranium from Niger and so on. Well, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson called bullshit, looked into it, and found no evidence of what this Administration was claiming. From there, Wilson is talking to everyone to educate the people what is happenning.

And the people started to listen, whether it be the news groups or they're patrons, people were listening.

To subvert this, Valerie Plame's (Wilson's wife) identity was made public as a CIA Agent.

Incredible.

Some would offer that this action came from Vice President Cheney, as the accused Libby was his Chief of Staff. But, from my perspective, Libby is clearly covering for someone, and it's someone in this Administration. And the fact that there is no investigation, at least that I know of, of that is... is well, incredible.

Now to go back to the previous post and have Bush just sweep it under the rug. To let, what I imagine, one of the few people who know the true story behind Iraq go... Man, it's really enough to make your butt-itch.

Seriously.

So I sit here EAGERLY awaiting the '08 elections.

Anyway. That was my "something new" for the day.

No comments: