Friday, August 31, 2007

Speechless.

So today is the day of the opening, actually, right after this blog I need to start and get ready. But a friend of mine at work isn't going to be able to make it this evening, but it's this very friend who left me speechless today.

One thing you should know, there are very few people in my life to whom I regard as a "good" person. I mean, a genuinely good person, the kind of person if you looked up "good" in the dictionary, yea, you'd see of a woodblock portrait of them in the margin.

So please keep in mind, when I say good, I do mean good.

And this friend, I definitely count on that list.

Anyway, the man pulls me aside today to wish me well this evening. It started with the usual, "good luck" jam. But then he offered some incredible words of friendship and support that left me, well, speechless. I mean, it one thing to say all the right words, but to "mean" them is something entirely. There was a incredible sincerity to his demeanor and tone... I don't think I felt more like a friend to him then that moment, seriously, I thought I was going to cry. Getting a little choked up typing this blog.

Definitely feel very fortunate to have people like him in my life, and I hope you all have at least one person like that in yours.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that moment with you. Because I thought it was important to share that there are good people in the world.

Anyway, I gotta get ready for the show. If you're in KC, I hope you can make it.

Later.

No comments: