Monday, March 03, 2008

Darkness...

So the power is out in my building. How am I blogging now? Well, a laptop battery is a beautiful thing. What gets me though is my router and modem are still working... riddle me that Batman, riddle me that.

But yea, I get home today, and my power is out. They tell me KCPL discovered a bad transformer and is in the process to replace it. The management lady that met me at the door told me it will be 12-16 hours to replace. I don't know what goes into a transformer replacement, but that's a hella long time. I sit, and wish that they discovered the problem earlier in the day so we could have cut that time in half... but wishing does me no good.

So I sit in the dark. Well, I have a trusty flashlight, but I'll save the power, as I will my laptop here shortly. But I feel scared a little bit, I don't know why.

Maybe not scared, but definitely helpless. Darkness is a scary thing.

But I sit. Hoping the light will come on, though I know it won't. Finding myself wanting to ask for help, but can't. So I sit, in the dark, thinking I'll go to bed early, or maybe, I'll read a book by the flashlight.


This is really weird, I don't like feeling like this.

No comments: