Sunday, March 02, 2008

I Don't Claim to be...

...the most tech-savvy person around. But you know, I get by.

Anyway, so I have videos I like to put on my iPod, whether they be from my camcorder, video files I get from friends, whatever. But if I don't get them from the iTunes Store, well, I have to convert them into a mpeg-4 format right. Well, that process has been fine until just recently. See when I drag a mpeg-4 to a device it transferred just fine, only now I get a error message saying the device won't play it.

So NOW, I have to convert to mpeg-4, so iTunes will play it, THEN I guess there's a new option to convert video to play on a Apple device whether it be iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV...

Now that wouldn't be so bad, if Apple's conversion process didn't take forever! Seriously, I mean the process to convert to mpeg-4 for me is annoying, but it's like the 1/8 of the time for Apple's conversion. And what I don't get, okay, so previous mp4 videos I have on my iPod, well, I deleted and put the videos back on, no problem. But any new videos that are mp4, I have to convert... I don't understand it.

I mean if this is a 'patch' or something in the last update, it's made this process so long and annoying... I don't know, there has to be a simpler way to do this. Like I'm missing something all the Smart Kids are seeing...

Seriously, it almost makes me not to want to use my iPod.

I realize there are probably worse things that are happening, and there are worse things I could be complaining about. This is just the one thing that is seriously annoying me for the moment, and I needed to vent.

Anyway, that's it. Enjoy, and goodnight.

No comments: