Friday, August 15, 2008

I mean, seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!??!!



So you all know about Spain's Olympic Basketball team making a "slanty-eyed" gesture in a team photo. I guess, their tennis team didn't want to be left out of the fun.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!

In what world would you think taking a photo like this is at all appropriate on an International Stage. Not that it's appropriate at any level. But on an International Stage, where you're representing your country??!! Are you fucking kidding me?!

Being Asian myself... I am both offended and mystified by this sheer stupidity.

But safe to say this will not help Spain's chances of mounting a successful bid to hold the 2016 games in Madrid.

I mean, really.

As offended as I am. And just flabbergasted by such a lack of... well, tact. I have to say, if you're going to be racist. And let's be honest, this photo really cannot be interpreted any other way (admittingly I am biased), at least get rid of the girl in the middle. I mean, if you're going be racist, put your attractive people on the starting lineup. Bench the uggos.

No comments: