Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Start of Tomorrow.

I'm a Maryland boy born and raised, and this morning as I watch the inauguration in Kansas City, watching the huge sea of people taking part in what is a very historic moment. I find myself wishing I was in my hometown, wishing I could be there, to be part of that moment.

But regardless of ,what may be regarded as, my own melancholy emotions, today is such an amazing day. Personally I am so incredibly excited for what tomorrow may bring. And today is the start of it all. It's so strange, I don't think I have ever been so overwhelmed with hope during a political campaign then I have been with this last election. And as I watch, literally, a sea of people waiting for Obama to be sworn in, I'm not alone.

So congratulations Mr. President, congratulations America, and here's to a better tomorrow.

No comments: