Saturday, December 26, 2009

I love you Midwest Airlines...

I mean, your cookies alone is enough to love you to no end. But can I tell you what one pilot did? Well, you actually have no say in the matter, because I am going to write about it. I guess you can go to another website, but this post will still be here, BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ahem, but I digress...

Yea, Midwest. Okay, so like every year, I am getting ready to fly to Maryland to see family for the holidays. Done this enough that you know when you need to be where, blablabla. Getting on the plane in KC, they tell you it's going to be a few moments for them to de-ice the plane. No biggie, that time of year.

And we're off.

Eating my sweet cookie, talking to a modern day June Cleaver in the seat next to me. And when we land, June asks me, "what time is your next flight?" I check my ticket, "4:10" I reply. And she pauses, in only a way June Cleaver can, and says, "It's 4:15"

And the only word going through my head at that moment is...

balls.

I push my way out of the plane, and run to my connecting gate (which was a feat in it of itself, as I am GROSSLY out of shape... a state I will never truly ever tell you about) Heaving and panting as I approach my gate, the attendant asks, "Are you Mr. Lee?"

"What the what?" I say to myself.

Turns out the plane was still at the gate. 20 minutes after it was supposed to leave. I was told the Pilot was not going to leave anyone behind, not on Christmas. And supposedly the was some standing up for me happening before my arrival.

Though my tardiness was no fault of my own, I have to say I was SO appreciative of the Pilot, and his kind heart to wait for one late Korean.

Merry Christmas you masked Midwest Pilot you! Definitely made my Christmas a little more special.

No comments: